Monday, September 1, 2008

Worldz apart

Coming into work this morning @4:30am as I usually do I found my travel agent alerts going wild and an email from my boss requesting we all do some overtime this week.

Another Earthquake in China 6.1, Hurricane Gustav hitting, soon to be a Hurricane Hanna on its way, Alitalia (my favorite overseas airline) going bankrupt, and Air India (one of my least favorite airlines next to Air France) LAX market cessation causing customers to rebook. It all makes us quite busy. Everyone in the office seemed to have a case of the Monday's this morning @Expedia. It's mornings like this that I start with a little prayer and a lot of CNN and other news orgs for the 411 on the world.

It always makes me feel like my world is so small when I see how big the rest of it is. It's huge when reading about how much is happening all around the world. Everything affects travel.

I got my passport again this weekend. I had lost it while moving about a year or so ago. I decided to get another just in case I have opportunity to travel with work or in missions again. I had wanted a new passport photo anyway :) My last passport photo was from when I was 19 years old and had very long curly hair.

I remember when I was 19 thinking that 30 was sooo old. Funny, Suzelle had me glowing a bit this weekend when she said she had thought I was actually more like 24 years old.

Feeling nostalgic... at my 12th hour at work today (as I did 14 hours) I had the song "reaching" by Carolyn Arrends in my head today. Kieth Green, Carolyn Arrends and Jars of Clay are the CD's I wear out the quickest.


I prayed today for China and the Hurricane victims. I prayed that God would calm the winds of hurricane Gustav. I was so encouraged and blessed to see my prayers answered each time I would refresh the news between work. Down from catagory 3 to catagory 2 and then to catagory 1... Now praying those levees hold.

Maybe it wasn't just my one prayer that calmed those winds but I know it had the power to.


"Just one more touch of the great Devine leaves me hungry every time. One more taste of what remains... until Heaves gates are reached".

Fruit: Patience
Song in my head: Reaching - Carolyn Arrends
Verse: James 5:16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

No comments: