Saturday, January 10, 2009

I've Got The Joy Joy Joy... Where?

Finding Joy in this day and age can be difficult at times so in those rare moments that Joy just reaches up and grabs you it's important to remember to let it.

On the way to work this morning Spirit 105.3 Radio station just really hit home. Every song they played from 6am to 7am on my way to work just blessed my socks off. Of course I wouldn't want my socks off due to that chilly morning air but just loved a wonderful joyful time of worship.

They played...
Josh Wilson - Savior, Please
Tree63 - Blessed Be Your Name
Jars Of Clay - Love Song For A Savior
Matthew West - Something To Say
Laura Story - Mighty To Save
Newsboys - I'm Not Ashamed
David Crowder Band - Wholly Yours
Third Day - Call My Name
Chris Tomlin - Indescribable

It was awesome with some great Kid stories mixed it. I am so blessed by Spirit 105.3 sometimes when it just hits the spot. Worship takes you back and turns you around to see the creator instead of yourself. It's something beautiful that can't be measured.
Fruit: JOY
Song in my head: Something Beautiful - Newsboys - I've got the Joy
Verses: Psalm 94:19 When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. Psalm 95:1 Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation Psalm 96:12 let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy; Psalm 97:11 Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart. Psalm 98:4 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music; Psalm 98:6 with trumpets and the blast of the ram's horn— shout for joy before the LORD, the King. Psalm 98:8 Let the rivers clap their hands, Let the mountains sing together for joy;

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reminded of two songs about joy: A Tree 63 song called Joy:

"I love you Lord I worship you
I love you Lord always
So thankful Lord - you saved my life You save my life today

Let me be a shining light for you
Let me be a joy to you always
Let me be a shining light for you
Let me be a joy to you always"

Also, a song called "It's all about You":

It's all about You, Jesus
And all this is for You
For Your glory and Your fame
It's not about me
As if You should do things my way
You alone are God and I surrender
To Your ways