Monday, April 12, 2010

Rainbows Ahead! Look up and see it!


I was a little sad this morning. I woke up sleepy and feeling a little bit blue. Today is my birthday and it didn't feel like it. It was raining cats and dogs and I was feeling a little sad from a disappointment from yesterday. I had a hope in that and it was crushed... but still I decided I am going to pray.

Really that old 90's song is still true. You have got to pray just to make it today. So I took a run through the rain this morning and I got a little wet but sometimes I think I need to get wet. I need to feel the rain to know how very dependent I am on a loving God to see me through.

If it never rained I would never get the chance to see that rainbow. I know it's going to be there. I just have to remember and wait for it. He is faithful to bring out the sun even on the darkest of days and crushing desert valley lows we walk through.

His power is made perfect in my weakness. He is all I need even when I think what I want is what I need. He knows my hearts desire and will lead me to it.

Fruit: Peace
Song in my head: All I need
Verse: Genesis 9:16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

No comments: