Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Indescribable significance

Still considering my prayer life and it's significance I thought of this weeks prayers. I just wondered if I don't sound like a whiney cranky baby when I am talking to God for myself sometimes.

Where does the prayer list come from? Is there a correct order to their significance? What does He think of my sometimes silly prayers?

I prayed for the Presidental candidates, starving children in foreign countries, my friends, my family, my favorite missionaries, for the new salvations at repossess to grow, for that customer whose child passed away leaving a plane ticket unused. I prayed for so many things that seem like they would matter more to God.

My prayers for me seem so silly and insignificant in comparison to the world and how much more God is needed beyond my desires. I prayed help staying awake on the way to work, for healing of my ankle that I as a clumsy girl twisted in my rushing done in haste. I prayed I would slow down and "Stay Strong" remembering Him in every step I take. I prayed for peace from worry about tomorrow in this economy. I prayed I would find a heart to share my life with. I prayed I wouldn't hit the kitty who ran out in front of me while driving.

What amazes me beyond all things is that God does care about me and all those little things that I pray for myself as much as He cares about everything else. He is so amazing in how He loves us. He values each "silly" prayer we pray. The glory of their significance comes in every step we take drawing closer to Him with every time we cry out to Him.

He sees my tears of feeling all those little disappointments from the week building up and pouring out while in service. Then He provides His awesome word to encourage, build up and restore us so we can walk on with Him. It's my greatest treasure to know and be known by a God like this. He gives us an indescribable significance through His love for us.




Fruit: Peace
Song in my head: Indescribable - Chris Tomlin
Verse: Isaiah 49: 1 Listen to me, you islands; hear this, you distant nations: Before I was born the LORD called me; from my birth he has made mention of my name. 2 He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver. 3 He said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendor." ...

No comments: