Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Top Ten Prayers God always says yes to

Sometimes I am so hungry for the Bible. I just want it more and more. Yesterday was a significant day from my history and it caused me to really reflect. I found the scripture that goes with my journaling which is how it works. It just grabs me and challenges me to my every part.

I love it when God just uses His word to fill me up. I was feeling empty straving for His word and He just really satisfies. Like a Snickers bar but a whole lot less calories :)

We talked about prayer at our Monday night study this week and I was challenged about my prayer life. I found a headline today with this list of the top ten prayers God says Yes to. I have prayed all these prayers at one time or another.

God, Show Me That You Exist
God, Make Me an Instrument
God, Outdo Me in Generosity
God, Get Me Through This Suffering
God, Forgive Me,
God, Give Me Peace
God, Give Me Courage
God, Give Me Wisdom
God, Bring Good Out of This Bad Sidtuation
God, Lead Me to My Destiny

So does God only say yes for sure to Me prayers? It all seemed like the list said, that me, me, me, give me something Jesus prayers were all the top tens.

Looking for models when I was a new Christian I had a youth pastor of mine challenge me to make my prayers unselfish and I have taken that to heart and always tried to be less of me more of others ever since.

I was challenged at my Monday night Bible study that my desire for my communcation with God to be worship most and prayer for others second with prayers for me coming in the at the very last could not be the right way to pray. I'm not sure I agree but I am pondering. I just don't want my top ten list of prayers to all include the word ME in them. So I am praying on that one..

Fruit:
Patience
Song in my head: For I am Convinced
Verses: Hebrews 10: 22let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful... 32Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering. 33Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated. 34You sympathized with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions. 35So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. 36You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. 37For in just a very little while, "He who is coming will come and will not delay. 38But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him. 39But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.

No comments: