Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Journeys in the snow

Oh, the weather outside is frightful, But the fire is so delightful, Since we've no place to go, Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow,

It doesn't show signs of stopping, And I've brought some corn for poppingThe lights are turned way down low, Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow,

When we finally kiss good night, How I'll hate going out in the storm, But if you really hold me tight, All the way home I'll be warm,

Fire is slowly dying, And, my dear, we're still goodbying, As long as you love me so, Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow,

The snow has been so beautiful this last week but having to travel in it has not been the best with going to work. It took me twice as long and was a bit scary. Through it though I was truely blessed in seeing the best in some people come out in the snow.

We had a wonderful neighbor come and use his tractor to clear the over foot of snow off our driveway the other day. It's great to have neighbors. Sometimes when times are tougher people just pull together to show love for no reason.

I got stuck in the snow two times this last week and both times people with big trucks pulled over and helped me. It amazes me how friendly the people of Washington are sometimes. They aren't just walking by but going out of their way to help each other.


Now that I am on vacation looking at the snow from the inside out. I would love to sing "let it snow" but still there are the Christmas travelers to think of. Once my company arrives "Let it snow... let it snow... let it snow.". :)
I'm thankful tonight for Mary and her obedience and heart as I think about her journey. Her joy must have been overwhelming to see Jesus for the first time.


Fruit: JOY
Song in my head: Let it snow
Verse: Luke 2:16-20 So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.”-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, Let It Snow is a beautiful song. There is beauty in the snow. Keeps people indoors to enjoy the warmth. And as the snow melts, it beckons people back outside. Yes, there is a lot of snow, but Dream of a White Christmas. Maybe next year, it won't be so snowy and white.