Thursday, January 1, 2009

Seeing through her eyes

Have you ever found pen in your possession and wondered how in the world you got it? I get so busy sometimes I forget where I pick things up. I found a pen in my purse while paying at the grocery store and wondered where I got it today. Everyday we have little things that happen to us that we could miss if we don't stop and look around once and awhile.

There are so many little everyday things we do as we go throughout the day that can seem like meaningless parts of our existance. I drove to the store walked around looking for that one thing I came for but ended up finding some other things and got in line. Then I ended up in line remembering what I actually came for and got out of line to go to get it.

On a mission to get that one last thing I bumped into the cart of the elderly woman who was not in the slightest bit of a hurry. Her beautiful weathered face smiled as she saw me rushing when I said "exuse me". I walked on quickly but as I got into my car I thought later of her face as she smiled looking after me. I thought of how she must be remembering her days of being younger and in a hurry.

She must have thought "if they only knew they would slow down and look around". We need to look around to see that woman who is lonely needing someone to just take the time to say hello and invest just a bit of Gods love into her.

Thinking of one of my favorite songs lately by Brandon Heath I hummed a bit... "give me your eyes so I can see... all that I have been missing... give me your love for humanity.."

I was thinking of this elderly woman out there in the supermarket with her eyes reaching out looking for companionship. There are alot of lonely people in the world who don't have a loving God to fill that need inside.

We just have to take the time to stop, slow down and reach out. We have been given so much love from God and have so much to give. There are so many who need it. We need to give it away everyday even in our hurried moments because truely there are no meaningless parts to our exsistance. Each act of the day matters to a God who cares for us as much as we should care for others.

Fruit: Love
Song in my head: All the Loney People - Beatles & Give me your eyes- Brandon Heath
Verse: Psalm 68: 5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. 6 God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing;

No comments: