Wednesday, October 15, 2008

5 Incredible blessings

Have you ever just woke up tired? This week having taken it's tole on my body in my fathers passing and traveling to Texas and back, just hit this morning. I woke up and before my feet touched the floor I had prayed "God just help me to get through this day". My muscles ached and my heart was heavy needing release.

I got in the car and the new song by Point of Grace came on. "I wish" made me smile and sing along thinking of what I wished for now.

I decided it was definitely a "NEED a latte" morning so I stopped in @4:07 am @ the only Starbucks open on my way to work. I ordered a Venti Sugar-free cinnamon dulce and looked at the one car in front of me. It was a cute little red sports car.

Just as I was thinking this I got my first blessing of the day. I pulled forward and the Starbucks gal handed me my drink and said "the woman in the car in front of you paid for your drink". I was shocked at first and wondered "how did she know?"

How did she know my father died last week and this was my first day back to work? How did she know how much I hurt for the loss of the time I never had with him? How did she know that I just needed to cry but couldn't really before now. My eyes filled and I was just thankful.
It's something that I have done for people but never had it done for me like this before. It made me realize how important the little things are that we do for people. That stranger paying for my latte in the drive through at Starbucks was just what I needed in that moment of weakness needing a bit of hope, feeling a bit lost in how I would get through the day.

My second blessing came in my review from my supervisor. She looked in my eyes and said I was consistently excellent in all areas of my job and that I had won another award for last month. She encouraged me and told me how well I was doing giving me confidence.

My third blessing came when I decided to go for it and apply to a internal Expedia temporary positon. It would give me a new skill which could be a huge blessing for me and a challenge as well. It became an easy decision for me to apply after and I found the courage to step past my own self doubts to just go for it.

My fourth blessing came in a some emails and a special voice mail left for me from a good friend whose care and love came through in words of hugs for me. It made me feel loved and cared for.
My fifth blessing came in the disappearance of my ache in my body after working out. I was still tired and feeling achy on my way home and I decided to stop on my way home and just go for it at the gym. It is amazing how awesome you can feel when having been under stress to make yourself do a challenging work out. It was all so good and so this evening I am counting my blessings and thanking God for strangers, supervisors and friends.
Fruit: Joy
Song in my head: Point of Grace "I wish"
Verse: Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint

No comments: