Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Feeding the dog

Which dog are you feeding today? I was thinking about this today and decided to try it out as a thought in the back of my mind while going through my day.

Last night at my small group meeting my friend Mary brought up an old saying that I had forgotten. It has to do with a white dog and a black dog. The black dog represents the bad things you do to yourself and wrong or sins you do. The white dog is the good things you do in your life and represents your relationship with God.

So my question to myself on the way home from group last night made me think of which dog I was feeding. In the end the dog with the most food wins the fight for my peace and growth.

So today I took an intentional approach to see a picture of who I was feeding to see how the day went. It is amazing how evident your trials and little things you need to go through in a day can become when you acknowledge them. It seems like that old saying just keeps being true that when you bring things that you struggle with to the light they die there so you can move quickly to the blessing of growing from those little trials in everyday life.

So here is to feeding the White dog who has your best interest at heart. He is a sweet puppy with boundless energy and health ready to blaze the trail. Feeding him most today really just made my day. I fed him today by spending time with God reading His word eating healthy and going to the gym for my physical self. If only I could do it everyday.

Fruit: Joy
Song in my head: If I were a... (kids song I cant remember the name of)
Verse: Jeremiah 29:11-13 “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When feeding the "good dog", think about Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."