Friday, February 20, 2009

Perfect Love casts out all fear

“He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends.”- Proverbs 17:9

The grace of God is like an ocean so vast and deep that it can not be imagined. I can try to think it through but there is absolutely no sense to it. I was thinking about grace today. Most likely this is because, the Lord knows I truely need it

There are so many ways we can fail God and not live up to the expectations we have for ourselves to be the best version of ourselves in a Christian life yet we are clean and forgiven
I think it is sometimes harder for us to have grace for ourselves and to let God give us His grace. It's like we have a need to punish ourselves because we can not fathom a loving forgiving God. It is amazing that He is everywhere seeing all of our failures yet is giving us grace and not loving us less for even one second.

He grace is showing us how to love and not to fear it. His perfect love casts out all fear and doubt. Even when we are not strong enough or think we are not good enough we can trust. He knows we can't do it alone and is by our side. We just have try to do the next right thing everyday.

Fruit:Love
Song in my head: Only grace - Matthew West
Verse: 2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember, GRACE is
God's
Riches
At
Christ's
Expense