Monday, August 3, 2009

I just got a tan...

For those who are wondering… I didn’t fall off the face of the planet I just got a tan.

I’ve just experienced a world of change to my world in just a couple of months. I went from being a wet Washington Expedia travel working gal to being a blazing hot (at times) and crispy golden/reddish girl on the Sunnyvale California Stanford University working trail.

If you can understand that sentence than you deserve a cookie.

I grew up in sunny southern California and had decided to head north for the Evergreen state about 9 years ago. Since then I have been missing the sun and wanting a fresh start, I ventured back into the land of the sun (California) just about a month or so ago. I ventured here knowing only 1 person without a safety net really.
It’s such an amazing thing to be in the place where you are venturing out into the unknown and where you could be totally setting yourself up for big belly flop into the pool.

When I was little girl I remember what the belly flops felt like. It stung at first but when the red went away you just laughed at the silly sound they made.

I think in life there are big belly flops and little ones too. I had one that hurt quite a bit after being here a couple of weeks but I think the key is to learn from them. I am learning that God teaches me in my challenges and trials that I don’t have to be perfect and that He loves me just as I am.
It’s His opinion of me that matters most and I can’t look to any one person to know how awesome He made me to be. I just have to keep running the race and move on not listening to any voice that tells me to stop, give up, or that I am not good enough. I have to know that I am good enough and I am His “best” because He made me “His” when I said “yes” to Jesus.

Even after a road block I decided to jump in the pool and stay here in sunny California. I may have a lot in common with the song on the radio I keep hearing but I am going to keep blazing the trail.

The song goes “Cause I got a couple dents in my fender,, Got a couple rips in my jeans, Try to fit the pieces together But perfection is my enemy, On my own I'm so clumsy, But on Your shoulders I can see, I'm free to be me.”

There are some things I decided I am going to do in my new adventure that I would like to share. I think following your passions and just going for your dreams just has to happen at least once in your life. So I am going to spend some of my time following my dream to write and working on me too.

I have started writing the book that I feel will help women who are divorcing or divorced. It will have some great practical help along with some great stories of other women to encourage them so they know they can make it through the valley. I want women to know they are NOT ALONE and can face a new life again filled with future and a hope.

I am a living breathing testimony of Gods rebuilding process but He is still rebuilding me. So I decided to make a goal of being healthy physically as well.

I have a goal that I want to reach by January 1, 2010 in losing weight and becoming more fit. I will not be completely done with my health journey by then but I made a choice to start making short term goals and getting serious about taking care of the body God gave me.

So I am following a dream, working on the physical and getting a tan without a safety net.
My safety net has to be found in the peace of knowing I am in the hands of a loving God who knows me by name.

I know His peace which flows like a river inside of me. It lets me float for awhile when I look up.

I can’t look at my version of reality or worry about the future. I just have to just trust and know that God has my best interest at heart.

Fruit:Joy
Song in my head: Peace like a river
Verse: Hebrews 13: 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

1 comment:

Kelly (race_12_1) said...

So yes I have been praying you didn't fall off the face of the earth every time I click on your blog link. Glad you didn't =)) Now I can pray for something a bit better--that the Lord will give you wisdom as you follow His will.