Monday, August 11, 2008

Funny stories @bout customers

@t work @Expedia we got a email passed around about some actual issues customers called in on at one time to travel agents for. There was a top ten list and these are my two favorites:

A New York lawmaker called and asked, 'Do airlines put your physical description on your bag so they know whose luggage belongs to whom?' I said, 'No, why do you ask?' She said, 'Well, when I checked in with the airline, they put a tag on my luggage that said (FAT). I am a little overweight, but I think that's very rude. After putting her on hold for a minute while I looked into it (I was laughing). I came back and explained the city code for Fresno , CA is (FAT - Fresno Air Terminal), and the airline was just putting the destination tag on her luggage.

A senior Senator called and had a question about the documents he needed in order to fly to China . After a lengthy discussion about passports, I reminded him that he needed a visa. 'Oh, no I don't. I've been to China many times and never had to have one of those.' I double-checked and sure enough, his stay required a visa. When I told him this he said, 'Look, I've been to China four times and every time they have accepted my American Express!'

It's good to laugh every day and see reasons to smile. Try smiling at someone who snarles at ya and you will see one of two things: Shock or a smile back... It's worth doing either way I find...

Fruit: Joy
Song in my Head: Let all creation sing... What a wonder you are.... - By: ?
Verse: Job 29:24 When I smiled at them, they scarcely believed it; the light of my face was precious to them. (out of context :))

No comments: