Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Midweek adventures :)

I have had a adventurous week thus far and it's only halfway through. On Monday afternoon after work I went on a short hike to Tolmie Park near @Mary's house where my small group meets. I found a beautiful piece of drift wood to sit and read on and do some sketching of the beautiful day it was. Then I took a walk and found a fallen tree that fell from the cliff near the oceans edge.

It brought to mind scripture about how when were planted in sand we will not withstand the storm. This tree was a perfect illustration of this. Its root system was long yet it couldn't stand the test of a storm as it came up taking its roots with it. As I left I crossed the sweet little bridge and was off to my favorite place to be on a Monday night.
Then today I on the way home from work Cat called me and asked me to go swimming with her and her boys at the Tenino Rock Quarry. It was a blast to hang out with the crew and swim to the waterfall. It is a bit scary jumping in to the quarry. You can't see the bottom and so its a bit of a leap of faith. The water is a rush at first because it's so cool. Then you get swimming and it's just a joy.

Googling today after trying to remember all the words I found one of my favorite songs by Dennis Jernigan "You are my all in all". I remembered the first time I sang this song was in Chapel while attending Azusa Pacific University in California. Reading his website I found his awesome testamony. http://www.dennisjernigan.com/Testimonies.htm
You are my All in All
You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking You as a precious jewel
Lord, to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all
Taking my sin, my cross, my shame
Rising up again I bless Your name
You are my all in all
When I fall down You pick me up
When I am dry You fill my cup
You are my all in all
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking You as a precious jewel
Lord, to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
I love singing this song and wonder if I can get a CD of his? Humm... Dennis is from OK right near Texas and my JOC (Jars of Clay). Texas reminds me of country music, cowboy hats, cows, horses and.... it also reminds me how much I used to dislike the thought of Texas. (almost as much as olives) I was born in Fort Worth and I moved to California when I was a little girl. I remember visiting later and seeing roaches the size of housecats, fire ants that stung my bare feet, and extreemly hot mucky summer weather. They were long summers there then made famous by the "Y'all" and the people.

Fruit: Joy
Song in my head: You are my all and all - *Michele rendition :)
Verse: Colossians 3: 15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. 17And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him

No comments: