Thursday, August 28, 2008

A time to laugh

God is so good in giving me a time to laugh when I need it. Lately I have been focusing on seeing Joy in my life as a fruit in it. It's been tough during those days when working overtime and feeling tired. I found a website that I have found some seriously goofy "Christian" jokes on. One of my favorites is "leaves of the Book".....

A little boy opened the big Bible. He was fascinated as he fingered through the old pages. Suddenly, something fell out of the Bible. He picked up the object and looked at it. What he saw was an old leaf that had been pressed in between the pages. "Mama, look what I found!" the boy called out. "What have you got there, dear?" With astonishment in the young boy's voice, he answered, "I think it's Adam's underwear!"

I was reading my friend Kelly's" blog today and thought "I need to always be seeing the season I am in and not just experiencing it". Part of that is making choices to choose to live out the fruit of the spirit in my life and Choose JOY in every season I am in. As a blog reader of many I am influenced by what I read and I was today by two. I read today in another and I thought about my season and decided to choose JOY in spite of whatever mountain I am facing each day and accept that who I am is what God tells me I am first and not what one person may say.

I can't sit around feeling I'm too insignificant and not worthy to confront someone who I feel has unjustly kept ahold of a opinon and judgement of me from my weakest of times. I am a new creation who has grown past and if they choose to still see me as in that place from where I was in the toughest trial I ever faced then they are missing the beauty of who I am today. They are missing the sunrise glimpse of my roses bloom and seeing the sweet dew drops shining in the morning sun. I know all of this yet it still hurts...

There are so many verses in my heart that just fight for me and are always telling me to never give up and believe in the God who loves me and what He says about me. I praise God for His word. My fight verses for when I fall and skin my knee on my hikes up the mountain sides of life are what pick me back up.. back up again.

I just take it one step up the mountain at a time and believe in the God who made me. Because "no weapon formed against me shall prosper" and "I am going to Love the Lord my God with all of my Heart Soul Mind and Strength! and "I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor highth, nor depth, nor any other created thing shall be able to separate me from the Love of God which is in Christ Jesus My Lord!!" and most of all "I am a rose of Sharon, a lily of the valley, a strong woman among the thorns"... His sweet word on my mind takes action in my feet!

Fruit: JOY
Song in my Head: Turn Turn Turn - Byrds
Verse:Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: .... 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,

No comments: