Thursday, May 15, 2008

China dolls

My heart ached as I read this news story on CNN today. The loss of life is so great there now and I was really touched by this story on the children lost to parents with the one child rule. It's really only a rule for the poor. http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/05/15/china.one.child/index.html

"In the China of my mind, I can see through hearts walls, her rag doll her pillow, only a dress to wipe her tears away, Broken lost in the woods, a world thats blurry and gray, Someday I pray, I will go back." 9/94

Several years ago I went on a mission trip to Beijing China and served at a international church there the summer. When I went to China several years ago and It opened up my eyes to see the world outside of my little Chino California safety. I had seen poverty in Mexico several times on the many mission trips taken there but China was a whole new world. It was a culture I had never experienced. The church I served at was a international fellowship that exposed me to so many cultures all at once. They were mostly african French children we served.

The teens were awesome and I fell in love with the people. I loved working with my little ones singing Jesus loves me in French and growing a new heart for Jr. Highers and High Schoolers there. It opened up my world to the real life of the missionaries I met there. I don't know where they all are now several years later but I pray they are okay now.

Connections of God... I remember the saying one missionary there told us "The emperor is over the mountain". It's refering to the leadership in one community allowing Christianity as opposed to one not far away, just over the mountain persecuting Christians for it.

There is a comfort in knowing that even though in this life we may only know a Christian we loved for a short season of time. We have the security of knowing we will see them again one day and find out all God did through them in heaven.

One of my favorite worship old school songs in my head today.. As the Deer.. I realized I had forgotten all the words... as I usually do ... so I googled it... as I usually do... :)

As the deer panteth for the water,So my soul longs after you.
You alone are my hearts desire,And I long to worship You.
You alone are my strength, my shield;
To You alone may my spirit yield.
You alone are my hearts desire,and I long to worship You.
I want you more than gold or silver,Only You can satisfy.
You alone are the real joy giver And the apple of my eye.
You alone are my strength, my shield;
To You alone may my spirit yield.
You alone are my hearts desire,and I long to worship You.
You're my friend and You're my brother,
Even though you are a King.
I love You more than any other
So much more than anything.
You alone are my strength, my shield;
To You alone may my spirit yield.
You alone are my hearts desire,and I long to worship You.

It's from Psalm 42: 1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

Fruit of the day: Patience
Song in my head: As the Deer
Verses: Romans 1: 25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen. Romans 1-2
PER don't do that!!

No comments: