Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sweetly Broken

One of my favorite pastors once said about Washington. "The sun is out today but its not working." Washington is blooming but the sky will not cooperate or so it seems. It's just when you think that all hope is lost and its going to be gloomy all day that the clouds part and the beautiful blue sky comes out to say hello. It was like that with my day today. I am learning a bunch of new songs for a praise concert for a choir in it. I love this new one I learned today. It makes me want to be Sweetly Broken.


"Sweetly Broken"


"At the cross you beckon me, You draw me gently to my knees and I am lost for words,
so lost in your love, I'm sweetly broken wholly surrendered."

Earlier today I was feeling like I had failed God today in some areas of my own inconsistancy. I realized I needed to walk on and take a step past that moment of feeling I can't grasp it. I can't grasp it in my own ability.

How did I get here today? It's every little step I take away from the things that would take me toward the character of God that gets me there. I want it back so I turn to go for it and that is what makes me "wholly surrendered". It's not in the being perfect. There is a peace in knowing He loves us right where we are at. Even our weakest moments God is with us.

His eyes shine and He smiles
A tear in His eye, a sigh on His breath
He loves his child

Nothing can take His love away
It's there for all to see

In every sunrise
He lives in the heart of me



Today's Fruit: Goodness
Song in my head: Let God Arise and Sweetly Broken
Verse: Exodus 33:19 And the LORD said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

No comments: