Saturday, May 10, 2008

Friends like "Buddy"

Sweetly broken still on my lips I walked to my back porch and there was a little visitor waiting for me. He is a sweet little black and white kitty that I honestly don't know the real name of. He started coming by a couple of years ago to play with Amber before I moved here.

Amber was a sweet fiesty kitten who loved people. Her tenderness would come like a gentle rain. Purring loudly at your feet begging to be held she would demand to be held for hours and then suddenly as thunderstorm of excitement came about her she would want to play. Her excitement to be the hunter she was would be too much and then we would let her outside to roam.

Somewhere on her adventures outside in the pasture she met this black and white skittish cat. He didn't wear a collar and we didn't know where he came from. They became such good friends we started calling him "buddy". He was Ambers playmate and so we would feed him too. They played together everyday and would bring us "presents" of their catch of mice and moles.
One night several months ago though we got a call from a neighbor. Amber had taken her last adventure. She was hit by a car and we lost her. We were upset to lose her but buddy just didn't seem to understand. He would come by day after day looking for his lost playmate. It was so sad and we were to heartbroken to get another cat. After a few months or so he stopped coming by as often. Now and then he still comes by for a visit and we still feed him.
Whenever I see "buddy" I think of how awesome it is to have good friends. I have more friends now at this time in my life than I ever have in any other time. I am so thankful for the little things and the big things that make friendships so awesome.
I love knowing someone so well that we share personal inside jokes. Only my friend Cat knows what it truely means when I say "I'm willing to call triple A for that". Good friend's have our own secret private language that can keep us laughing and on our toes
Being single not having that a significant other to share your life with everyday can be tough sometimes. Having close friends really helps fill that place inside you that has a need for intimacy. Jesus takes care of the rest. '

Fruit of the day: Patience
Song in my Head: For who you are
Psalm 40:1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool - I loved the pics, too - you could subtitle Ryan's as "saving pirate Ryan" ha, ha

Hope you have a great day!!

Want to pick him up tomorrow? Let me know if you can :-)

Love, Cat

Jacquelyn said...

What an awesome site Michelle! Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts.

See you at the Women's Retreat.
Jacque