Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Downtown @Expedia.com

Some days I get tired after doing to much, staying up to late and really am not excited about going to work. It's then that I have to break out my old tried and true song to get me going to work. So I pulled out of my closet my work theme song and hummed it a bit today.

My theme song for work started in the first week or so of training for Expedia.com. I was taking the bus up from Olympia Washington on a snowy, windy, bitterly cold January day and it hit me as I tumbled off the bus in my hiking boots. This is what I prayed for.
A few years before I had journaled how "wouldn't it would be cool to work for a some hip company in Seattle for a season of my life... in some old brick building downtown in the city".

As I scrambled off the bus that day in Tacoma praying for a break in the weather to walk my from the bus stop to work I started singing Downtown. During those difficult weeks where I was sure I would never make it I would sing Downtown and get energized remembering how God answers my prayers. I have to remember to be careful what I pray for... I just might get it!

I was tired today and so when tired I am not responsible for my goofyness.:) I actually started writing a silly poem/song about working for Expedia. It's for all those customers I deal with that make me laugh at some of the things they do.

I'm an Expedia girl living in a .com world.
Just tell me your @ and I book your dream.
We'll take you away from everything.
I can book you a car, flight or hotel.
A package for two too Cozumel.
You sing to me @Expedia dot comm,
You know you can't go wrong,
I love hear about your wedding plans.
Beautiful beaches and white sands,
I can save your marriage by changing your hotel,
There is no mistake I can't make well,
You'll be okay while going through security,
I'll will confirm you flights and Itinerary.
Go ahead and send the phone through the xray machine,
I'll stay on the line we are on the same team,
Never fear cause were always here,
making sure your trip is the trip of the year

I'm not done with it but its been fun coming up with it. :) I have been sung to our theme song for Expedia several times. I actually had a guy send me through the x-ray machine while at the airport today. Another customer told me I saved his marriage by changing his hotel too. There is a joy in helping people everyday.

Fruit of the Day: Joy
Song in my head: Love song for a Savior - Jars of Clay
K00l Verse: 2 Corinthians 8:2 Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme

No comments: