Monday, May 12, 2008

Picking Fruit

"In the wee small hours of the morning, while the whole wide world is fast asleep" Carly Simon

Waking up today I had a sweet "little" joy in a dream in those wee moments of waking. It felt so real as if it were actual and not a dream. It seemed I physically felt someone suddenly come up to me very close and hold the side of me, but I wasn't afraid. There was a comfort in it. They whispered my name and something in my ear that I couldn't quite understand but knew it meant "you are loved". It was like a little gift from God. I haven't dreamt anything in quite awhile. It made me smile.

Insomnia had kept me awake last night as I lie awake thinking instead of sleeping. My eyes closed and my mind wondering I prayed for sleep. Sleep didn't really come but rest thankfully did. I had gone to bed very early trying to head off my feeling a cold coming on.

My favorite movie soundtrack is "Sleepless in Seattle". I haven't listened to it in quite a while but the Carly Simon song into my head. I love how the soundtracks in movies music illustrates the characters feelings and motives.

I had a thought "what if we were all stars in our own movie and what would the soundtrack sound like?" The music could be illustrating how we were feeling and what we were thinking telling others a lot about us. It could be more revealing than we would like though.

In the secret places of our minds delimas we would be revealing those thoughts, passions, and realities of our existance we normally wouldn't share. Broadcasting our song might be a bit too revealing. Sometimes it might be in our favor and other times not so much.

With a smile on her face the woman struggling with a bad day might not want everyone to know it. But then again she might be encouraged if someone knew it.

You stand in the line just to hit a new low
You're faking a smile with the coffee to go
You tell me your life's been way off line
You're falling to pieces everytime
And I don't need no carryin' on
Cause you had a bad day You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
Daniel Powter-- Bad Day

"Battlefield of the mind" by Joyce Meyer is the book I'm reading for a Bible study I am doing right now in my womens small group. She illustrates how our mind is a battlefield to which the war can be won. It's won by scripture and choosing to think about what we think about. I have found my strongest ali to keeping my thoughts turned around to the praiseworthy is keeping that song in my head a positive one.

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—
think about such things." Philippians 3:15

What soundtrack would be playing for you today? Would it reveal more about you than you would want others to know? Pick the fruit of soundtrack that can keep you on track. Today I picked joy.

Fruit of the day: Joy
Song in my head: Downtown & Let God Arise
Verse: Esther 8:15 Mordecai left the king's presence wearing royal garments of blue and white, a large crown of gold and a purple robe of fine linen. And the city of Susa held a joyous celebration.

No comments: