Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mopasketball

Today was a sweet day. I had a good day a work and even found a nifty new way to do something complicated simply.

After work I went to pick up Ryan. He is a 13 year old son of one of my best friends. I pick him up some days and we hang out tell his mom gets off work. Today we stopped by COLW to pick up something and on the way he had a fun insight.

He asked me "what if Jesus came back today just for a visit, not like the whole end thing but just to like say HI to everyone... where do you think He would go." I laughted and said "you tell me".
He was sure that the USA was where Jesus would go because we were "the badest place". He thought we had the most crime and were in the worst shape so we needed a visit from Him most. I challenged him to think of other places in the world but he was certain we were the worst off and in need of a visit. Food for thought ...

Then we played a game of Mopasketball. This is a fun game that we made up on the spir of the moment. It combines basketball, baseball and a mop. Ryan won and taught me a goofy Mc Donald's rap song to which I throughly butchered. Although I did write a rap song to remember the books of the New Testament once, I can only remember the rap up tell Corinthians and then it gets fuzzy.


Todays Fruit: Peace
Song in my head: God of all Glory
Verse: Psalm 4:8 I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.

No comments: