Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Turning it around

Have you ever had a yuk day where everything just went wrong? I had one of those days today. Perserverence to go above and beyond for a customer today truely tried my patience. It was two and half hours into the phone call with the customer. I had called the airlines twice, called my CSA desk, and called Sabre desk, and was getting no resolution. It was a complicated issue of multiple airlines, validating carrier's pushing back, a major schedule changes causing rerouting and confusing notes in the PNR. I was still on the line with Sabre and she had just said "I can't fix this problem".

The sabre gal noted how long I had been working for the customer and said "you could just refer her to the airline as it is their issue". She was saying I could get rid of the problem for myself by passing off the customer. I thought, "no I am her agent" and I just couldn't do that to my customer.

My well dry, I finally said a prayer "God help me out here". After 3 hours I was done. I really wanted to help this customer but I was out of ideas and kept getting the run around. Just after I prayed it finally got resolved. It wasn't in the way I thought it would be but it happend. It made me think.
"When will I learn to trust that God answers my prayers?"
I just have to ask and He will turn it around. I needed my favorite "Paul" today after work. Paul is such a poet. I love his words about perserverance.

Fruit: Patience
Song in my head: History - Matthew West
Verse: 2 Corinthians 6:3-9 4Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; 5in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; 6in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; 7in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; 8through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; 9known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed;

No comments: