Sunday, May 25, 2008

Random Weekend Thoughts..

It's been a great weekend. Friday night I had a "quiet" night. I tend to go and go most weekends with so much planned I forget to rest. Sometimes you just need a restful quiet cozy night in with a movie or great book and some yummy Thai chicken curry.

Saturday I spent the day with my friend having some girlfriend time. She has an adorable little sweet Pekinese mix dog named Bozzy Bean. I love to walk him, and he is so much fun and adorable. He ran around while we got on our bathing suits and washed our cars at my house. Then we laid out in the sun and went in the spa. It was a great day.
Today I went to church and heard from Pastor Jon. His sermons feel like a chat to me and less formal which is really refreshing sometimes. It reminded me of the conference last weekend with the gals. It was all about dealing with conflict in a healthy way and reminded me of the "cycle of interruption". (see previous blog)

After church I went to see Indiana Jones. It has been so hyped up at work with our promo's that I was really excited to see it. I loved the originals. I have to say that in the theatre I looked to my friend on the right and said "aliens" and looked to my friend on the left and said "aliens in Indiana Jones". What were they thinking? I loved the ones from the 80's so was a bit surprised to see the Indiana I knew and loved with aliens in it. It was a little weird combination of Indiana adventure and sci-fi. Harrison made up for it though with his (sigh) smile.

Living a bit out in the country you never know what you might find sometimes. We had some chicken visitors today when I got home. They were cute and finding some great critters in our grass to peck at.

Tomorrow I have to work unfortunately but I do get to go to two barbeques in the afternoon. God’s love is so sweet when I can see it in a beautiful day. I am praying beyond predictions that the weather will be nice tomorrow. Memorial day is awesome day to remember the soldiers. My mom has always taught me to say “thank you for serving” to soldiers no matter where they served. I’m thankful for His blessings.

Fruit: Love
Song in my Head: Free to run
Verse: Matthew 22:37 My song version “I am going to love the Lord my God with all my Heart, Soul, Mind and Strength”.

No comments: