Friday, June 20, 2008

Asking listening and giving it up ...

Wanting my hearts desires but truely willing to give it up so I can give it all if that is what it takes to follow. It seems that it is just at that time when I realize that there is absolutely nothing I can say and there is absolutely nothing I can do that I finally trust that it is completely in Gods hand's. Finally I let go and then I find release and most often an answer to that prayer. If only I could get there quicker. :)

The word on my heart this week:
1 Samuel 3:10 The LORD came and stood there, calling as at the other times, "Samuel! Samuel!" Then Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant is listening."

Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. 3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.

1 Peter 3:14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened."15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

1 Corinthians 3 6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. 7Soneither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, whomakes things grow. 8The man who plants and the man who waters have onepurpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. 9For weare God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building.

1 Peter 4: 7 The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. 8Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. 11If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Proverbs 23:12 Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge.

Matthew 4:19"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." 20At once they left their nets and followed him.

Galatians 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Psalm 143: 8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

Song of Solomon 2:1 I am a rose of Sharon, a lily of the valleys.

Fruit: Faithfullness & Love
Song in my Head: Lord you are - Mark Schultz
Verses: all of the above :)

No comments: