Monday, June 23, 2008

Contra Dancing & Cocomo

It is an awesome feeling to be taken to your limit physically and have so much fun doing it. The best times in my life have been trying something new and this was one of them. I tried Contra dancing Saturday night and "man is it a workout". It was one of the best times. We danced fast for 3 1/2 hours straight learning and loving every minute of it. It was easy to pick up and we all had so much fun.

I danced with more people than I ever have before and I might add :) got asked to dance more than I ever have before. It was a group of about 100 or so people. A awesome mix of ages from 60 somethings down to 20 somethings. I loved it because it represented several cultures and people groups coming together to dance without any pretenses, bias, or racial signs. It was just good clean fun. I am so going again!

On another fun note.. I got sung to again today by a customer. This time I caught them singing. Sometimes people will be on hold a long time to speak with me reguarding their issue and will put me on speakerphone while on hold. This older gentleman had put me on speakerphone and didn't realize that the hold music playing from me had stopped. I got back on the line to hear him singing cocomo. You know it, you have to know it! It's the Beach Boys!

Aruba Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya
Bermuda Bahama come on pretty mama
Key Largo Montego baby why don't we goo
oh I wanna you down to Cocomo
we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow
that's where we wanna go way down in Cocomo

It made my day and I laughed so hard I almost cried because he was soooo embarrased to be caught singing loud (very off key). Plus (because I'm a brat) I kinda let him sing for a little bit before interupting him. Those are my most favorite moments @work. :)

I have had some great times digging in lately too. What is it about the book of 1Peter lately? I was just at another friends house Sunday afternoon @BBQ and yet another mentioned 1Peter blessing their socks off. Pastor Burt also mentioned 1Peter in his sermon too.

Today I checked out my Monday http://www.crosswalk.com/ devotional for women@work and found her first verse to be "Finally, all of you should be of one mind, full of sympathy toward each other, loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds.” ~ 1 Peter 3:8

I love to be challenged as it drives me to think. There are some great questions asked. What is He teaching you? Where are you going? (Africa, China, Las Vegas w/Expedia, LA, Olympia, Timbuktu) What are you going to do with what God gives you?

I think He is teaching me again that it's all @bout the IECCR. Integrity in reading the word of God, Excellence of effort to always try my best in every situtation, having the Courage to step out "do what is right" having Consistantancy in everything I do and have the Relevance I need in my e-generation@.com world I work in. Bloom where I am planted for now :)

Fruit Love & Joy
Song in my Head: Kokomo - Beach Boys
Verse: 1Peter - The whole thing! 1:6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 8Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy
1:13 Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. 14As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do

No comments: