Sunday, June 8, 2008

Nurse tree's & banana's

Hiking on the trail along side a steep drop off I could feel a cool mist from the waterfalls as they raged Saturday. I was awed by the power of them. It was a beautiful, powerful sound to hear the water crashing, falling endlessly against the stones. The waters movement over the rocks makes each stone it crosses more and more smooth. It made me think of God's refining. It sometimes takes awhile to get us smoothed out when we are rough.

Saturday I went on a hike with "Mountain View Christian Hikers". This was my first "real" serious hike in many moons and I was so blessed by it. We went to "Horseshoe Falls" to hike along side the raging water falls. It was a challenging hike for me but it was worth it. I hiked about 5 miles or so. I saw something beautiful the whole way and found a sweet sight of a nursing tree.

A nursing tree is a tree that comes to the aid of another smaller tree. Click here to learn more about them. This was especially sweet sight because the nurse was a huge old cedar tree that the wind or some force had taken its top off of. It's large stump still had some life in it and so it reached out and used that little life to aid a smaller tree. It was a beautiful picture of how the broken can be used of God.
I took a picture and awed at the size of the nurse tree. It was once a huge mighty tree and now it was broken and still serving it's smaller tree. It was a beautiful picture to me of how God can use each and every person and sometimes better after having weathered the storms in our lives.

The river raging wild below and the nursing tree above it. I leaned against the nursing tree and rested on the way back down the trial and thought. Eating my mushy banana I had a favorite old song come into my head while there. It's called I like bananas.

I have had a awesome weekend all around. Friday night we had a awesome night of worship called "full intention" at Church of Living Water. It was a great night and I have heard great things from people who went. I sang in the choir and truely felt the spirit of God there. I spoke with someone on Saturday who came from Chehelis to go who said it was "awesome" and felt God there. It was good to hear some feedback from someone I didn't know well that God used it in her life.

She was a small tree and God used Living Water's night of worship to be a nursing tree for her. I love knowing a God who loves us and provides for our every need. Seeing the nursing tree makes it easier to trust that God hears each and every prayer and shows how He continues to prove Himself faithful.

Pastor Burt's message struck me with his passionate wisdom in trusting those prayers we pray in our weakest moments of doubt. His message tied my blessings together to have all my senses fully grasp the wonder and awe of the power of God. I heard the sound of voices praise on Friday, the sound of river rage on Saturday, and my pastor share on Sunday. I smelled the fresh life of the forest's growth. I saw a glimpse of God in a nursting tree. I felt the gentle rain and the spirit of God in it all. It was all good.

Here is the song I was singing..

I like bananas I know that mangos are sweet I like papayas...PAPAYAS
But nothing can beat that sweet love of God
Here we go Here we go Here we go
Well I was walking round in circles five miles an hour
Trying to find my way back to the Heavenly Father
The world tasted sweet But then it turned sour,
so I asked God in and received His power Like Arnold Schwartzenegger!!!

Fruit: Gentleness & Patience
Song in my Head: I like Bananas
Verse: Matthew 11: 28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

No comments: