Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Valley girl

"Even though the journey's long
And I know the road is hard
Well, the One who's gone before me
He will help me carry on
After all that I've been through
Now I realize the truth
That I must go through the valley
To stand upon the mountain of God"
I was feeling a bit like I needed some encouragement today. What astounds me about God is that so many times when I am going through a "valley day" I find the greatest joys there.

I decided a long time ago that my "valley days" are going to be a like a field of wildflowers. It is all about how you choose to see your "valley days" that makes them what they become. Even when I am feeling down I can always look around and see the wildflowers. I just have to remember to look for them.

They are in smiles and joys that grow wild and unpredictable bringing the sun on in with them. Sometimes they come in a song or the laughter a stranger brings to me. God is so faithful to bring me those wildflowers of hope on a tough day. It is amazing how God works.

A good friend calling me out of the blue just to see how I was. Things like laughing out loud from an email @work. Visits from vendors @work bringing us freebees. Finding a great old CD and singing along to the song. Feeling good about a awesome workout @ the gym. Taking a little joy in doing something nice for someone even though you know they will not even know it was you who did it. Or just a smile.. which reminds me of a favorite song by Nat King..

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though its breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, youll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
Youll see the sun come shining through for you
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
Thats the time you must keep on trying
Smile, whats the use of crying?
Youll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

Choosing to smile :)

Fruit: Kindness & Joy
Song in my head: Mountain of God - Third day
Verse: The kindness of a stranger... Genesis 24: whole chapter 31"Come, you who are blessed by the LORD," he said. "Why are you standing out here? I have prepared the house and a place for the camels."

No comments: