Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Oceans Raging Wild

Ankles deep in sand with the sun scorching my every space,
So dry that I want to lick the sweat off my face,
Running along side the ocean not looking at the tide,
The ocean started rumbling and raging wild,
I never saw the wave coming before it crashed into my side,
I can't drink that water it's not purified,
The awards feel empty and I'm still so thirsty looking for His face,
I couldn't see the end of it when I was in fourth place,
I pursued it with the same passion that I pursued Him,
And I met them in the end today in awards of first place,
But Only the One could satisfy the hunger of that empty awards place,
A flood I can't contain beyond the danger,
Spirit flooding in with a prayer shared with a stranger,
Waterfalls of passion came in with sharing of His grace,
His tears that fell filling that every naked place,
Along side the desert now, That ocean can rage wild,
Now I'm looking for the tide, my mouth never dry inside,
Because I drink of the water that is purified,

Fruit: Peace
Song in my head: Everlasting God - Lincoln Brewtser
Verse: Hebrews 10:22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

No comments: