Thursday, July 10, 2008

Yesterday's Makeover today's

Today was awesome. So many things went right. I got an wonderful full nights rest and skipped to my car. Had a incredible time of "Starbucks free" worship all the way to work. A old friend found me on facebook and added me. I felt the most confident I ever have at work today and I found out I'm number 4 on the list of top 10 Expedia Tacoma agents. I got a phone call from a friend. Also I get to play volleyball tonight with great friends and found out a great old friend will be joining us. This was also my Friday which makes it the start of my 3 day weekend. Sometimes I feel spoiled by God with awesome days like today. What a difference a day makes...

Yesterday I was singing "Yesterday" by the Beatles as I was so frustrated with how my day was going. I remember writing down my "emergency purchase" that I had to stop for at a gas station. I thought "yikes, they soo get people like me".

It had been a 12 hour day at work and had been awake since 3am and my eyes were watering, burning and exhausted at 5pm in traffic in Tacoma. I couldn't see with the bright sun and it was not safe for me to drive without sunglasses.

I had lost my sunglasses so it was a necessary purchase to buy some but needing them now I had to pay the "buy it now" price. (E-bay reference) Then when I got home I found my sunglasses in my car in a obvious place. It was not a good numbers day for me all around. My calories soared and my gym time in the teens I was not a very good citizen of one taking stock of the numbers in my life. This week I have been making friends with numbers. Math and numbers have never been my favorite thing.

I started a book study with my small group on "Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey. This week I have met the challenge set forth by our fearless number cruncher study leader Mary.
She gave us a spreadsheet and asked us all to write down every purchase we make each day down to the last stick of gum so we could see where our mula was going to.

I had started writing everything down on Tuesday and it has been quite an eye opener already. It made me think of all the things lately that I have been counting recently. I really don't like numbers. They have always been a struggle for me to find any joy in.

I modified something I wrote many moons ago about spiders to one on numbers for fun. Yes I equate spiders to numbers :)

Numbers Numbers Everywhere but all I can do is stare... They are on that sign on the road telling me what route to go, online in my calorie counter, on my checkbook and at work. too tired to scream... too smart to run... and too lost to catch them.

Numbers Numbers Everywhere but all I can do is stare... They are asking me to count and figure. They are not my gift, not my friends, and not my prefered way to meet the ends.

Numbers Numbers Everywhere but all I can do is stare... How do I find the equasion that can equal an end? I know I can find a fraction of peace in their midst, yet there is always a temptation to resist.

I am blessed not to have many bills or pets to rack up any fictional ones. I found a fun story from CNN.com about one Dogs debt. http://www.kcra.com/station/16839043/detail.html

Prayerfully today I submited to my lessons learned yesterday and reasoned I will learn that emotion does sometimes play in how my money is spent. It is all Gods first and what happens after that is what we are taking a look at in our study.

Today a song in my head was from the 80's "Things are going great, and they're only getting better, I'm doing all right, getting good grades, The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades"

Fruit: Joy & Gentleness
Song in my head: Futures so Bright, I gotta wear shades - Timbuk 3
Verse: Leviticus 9:24 Fire came out from the presence of the LORD and consumed the burnt offering and the fat portions on the altar. And when all the people saw it, they shouted for joy and fell facedown.

No comments: