Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dobson Vs Obama

I have been keeping tabs with the media on Dobson Vs Obama this last week or so. Dobson is one of my favorite people on earth and so hearing Obama who I have yet to claim any opinion of say he doesn't know what he is talking about really kind of eats me. He is a wise guy and has proven the test of time and years in ministry to give him that credit to listen to what he has to say. I can't say I agree totally with the whole enchilada but he has some significant points in the speech 2006 that Obama gave. Obama really doesn't address the specific points Dobson makes in his replies that I have seen.
I found it odd that Obama supports felt necessary to say that Dobson doesn't speak for Christians. I don't think that Dobson was putting off the message that he was speaking for all Christians or that he was speaking for the Bible either as the website http://www.dobsondoesntspeakforme.com/ implies. It implies that Dobson was making himself out to be God in some way. I have never gotten that from any of his messages and I have been listening to Focus on the Family for many years.

His heart proves true to his words of honest assessment saying it like it is about a political figure. Obama hasn't been one of my favorites as of late and this just makes it worse. When hearing of his abandoning his church and refusing to join another tell after elected it really said something. It says a lot to me about where he is in his faith. Those who stand for their faith and make a shout out are going to have to deal with that crud. He just isn't willing or was "advised" not to.
I am excited that it got the media attention it did with what Dobson said. Maybe his words could put a little feet to the Christian morality that he stands behind for Obama to listen and see voters want. I honestly can say as a voter for 12 years now I have voted in every presidential election and always research my candidate looking at their history and values first and then their agenda. I figure any candidate can say what they will do but what they have done in their past and in their personal lives shows what they will do with my future.


Fruit: Love and Peace
Song in my head: Something to say - Matthew West and I am - Mark Schultz
Verse:Psalm 29 1 Ascribe to the LORD, O mighty ones, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength. 2 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness. 3 The voice of the LORD is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the LORD thunders over the mighty waters. 4 The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is majestic. 5 The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars; the LORD breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon. 6 He makes Lebanon skip like a calf, Sirion like a young wild ox. 7 The voice of the LORD strikes with flashes of lightning. 8 The voice of the LORD shakes the desert; the LORD shakes the Desert of Kadesh. 9 The voice of the LORD twists the oaks and strips the forests bare. And in his temple all cry, "Glory!" 10 The LORD sits enthroned over the flood; the LORD is enthroned as King forever. 11 The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.

No comments: